Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) Materials
- Bio-inert, suitable for medical and food-grade applications.
- Can be sterilized using ETO, Autoclave, E-beam and Gamma radiation processes.
- Excellent stability over a wide range of temperatures (-150°F to 450°F).
- Low viscosity, can fill into thin wall geometry as low as 0.004”.
- Low compression set, well suited for sealing applications.
- Excellent electrical insulating qualities even under severe environmental stress
- Easy to blend any color based on PMS color standards.
- G&F Precision offers both silicone and thermoplastic molded parts and assembly using world class tooling, process capabilities in the clean environment with strict quality control for applications in diagnostics, drug-delivery, imaging, Bio-Processing, endoscopy, angioscopy, laparoscopy and surgical devices. We leverage Automation, Cavity separation and In-line camera inspection to reduce the risk of contamination and quality risks and improving cost efficiency.
- Silicone is widely used in critical military/aerospace applications because of its flexibility, compression set properties, resistance to temperature changes and biological factors. Eye cups for night vision equipment, seals, switch buttons, and gaskets are just a few of the numerous uses.
- The strength, durability and flexibility protects circuit components against contamination for reliable operation and long service life. Silicone extends the service life by providing excellent dielectric behavior and extremely tight sealing properties for buttons, keypads, switch seals, insulators, and more.
Liquid Injection Molding (LIM)
Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) processing demands a high degree of workmanship and knowledge of raw material selection, design criteria, quality construction and a stable molding process. G&F Precision solves problems for your complex molded parts.
Design Assistance and Prototyping
Whatever the situation, our technical group has probably seen it before. We can help you avoid pitfalls, overcome obstacles and find optimal solutions to design challenges — improving the speed and reducing the cost of development.
- SolidWorks™ as 3D CAD application for product design support and mold design review
- Quick turnaround of quotes and prototype samples
- Use of G&F Precision Molding-owned conventional or cold runner mold base to cut lead time and costs
- Molded prototypes provide the look and feel of the finished product
Product Tooling and Realization
We work with experienced Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) tool makers in the US and Europe to engineering high quality tools for low- and high-volume production. Scrapless Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) cold runner technology at an affordable cost, offering customers high-quality parts at much lower unit part cost.
- Fully competent to design and automate a molding operation
- Customized fixture design
After going through our rigorous process development effort, we execute process validation protocol defined by G&F Precision engineering and the customer
- Demonstrate process capability through IQ/OQ/PQ
- Documentations include control plans, training, work instructions and process monitoring
- Mold maintenance plan covers the life span of the program
G&F Precision Molding has strong relationships with six major silicone raw material Each supplier offers unique materials for various applications. We leverage our relationships to provide our customers with the best selection for successful product development.
Please click the link below to browse various silicone material choices.